Biomechanical Assessment of Gait
The human eye observes at a frequency of 7 images per second.
The Metascan™ pressure mat scans the stance phase of gait at 150 images per second.
- Assess new patients for foot function
- Captures dynamic function
- Great communication to patient
70% of patients tested showed moderate to
severe abnormalities when walking.
46.8% Moderate Abnormality
23.2% Severe Abnormality
22.7% Mild Abnormality
7.3% No Abnormality
* Data on file. N=955. FMX 2004
Captures Dynamic Function
- Compares walking and running scan data of the same patient
- Proprietary diagnostic software analyzes digital pressure mat, patient data and translates it into a prescription for orthotics
- Bilateral pressure distribution assessment and report
- Useful in detecting leg length discrepancies
- Postural analysis to determine deviations in alignment, movement pattern and body symmetry
- Visually observe postural movement over time (replay for analysis and patient education)
- Left and Right Forefoot Contact
- Left and Right Heel Lift
- Left and Right Maximum Forefoot Pressure
- Where does maximum pressure appear?
- Is the center of pressure line straight or curved?